Sunday, March 11, 2012


 Spotted: Butterflies in ICNA Relief Dallas Food Pantry

Assalamu Alaikum WRH, Almighty God's peace and blessings be upon you all.

The day had just started at our ICNA Relief Dallas Food Pantry, and I was engrossed in totaling up the # of pounds of food that got modestly donated from sources in all the directions of DFW metroplex. It was still and I was the only living soul currently breathing down the totals. I noticed that 40 minutes had passed and as I was nearing to my end, stirring the stillness, was a whiff of fresh air laced with innocent laughter gathering momentum towards the door of our food pantry was felt immensely.

I looked up and realized a band of 3 little girls were coming towards the entrance along with their mother. I welcomed them inside as they were our guest, our assigned volunteers traveling from Irving, TX. As I was explaining the sister(mother) her role, she would be playing in the warehouse part of our food pantry, I noticed the keen wide eyes of the little of the 3 girls looking at me with full curiosity and interest, as if ready to burst into action.

As I was about to finish my knowledge transfer, I noticed the another sister too joined with her little daughter. I requested her to shadow the first sister.

Alhamdulillah, Shukur Alhamdulillah, (Praise be to our Almighty God, Thanks and again Praise be to our Almighty God)  both the sisters (Pray, Allah swt bless them and their families with nothing but BEST in all the aspect of their lives) took charge of the situation, and burst into action. What I noticed for the next two hours was a wonderful experience. As their mothers started weighing in the food items, these little sisters were bursting with energy, and were coordinating with each other, in following their mother's orders in unison. Alhamdulillah, there was not a single moment where things went awry. No accidental slips, no messing up.

These little sisters were like little butterflies fluttering  from aisle to aisle stacking the canned foods well in perfect sorted order, When more donation of needed food items, started pouring in, these little sisters accommodated them as well.

Nothing but pure prayer comes out of my heart for them. Pray to our beloved creator Allah swt to give these little sisters and their parents and family members nothing but the BEST in all the aspects of their lives. Aameen.

Yes, ample opportunities of volunteering is made available for you and for your little ones. Please don't hesitate to give me a buzz on my cell #(214) 298 5857
to book for your schedule. Right now, the schedule is sparsely filled.





         BE THE FIRST TO PUT YOUR NAME ON THE SCHEDULE.

We will open the food pantry both Saturdays and Sundays from 10 AM to 2 PM for our operational hours. If you are busy, book for 2 or 1 hour at least. As this is your own food pantry, don't forget to bring any of the following items which will be distributed among the most needy of the innumerable refugee families dwelling around our food pantry. The list is below.

Also, please talk to your local grocery shops. To quote my experience, I just passed the word to my regular grocery owner, listening to our noble work, he donated a whole goat plus 2 trays of beef. Another neighborhood grocer ended up donating two boxes of canned food item. My ex-IT manager Br.Khaleel Shaik, from Karachi once advised me, In America, one has to open up and talk. Just do your talking, and it is our beloved creator Allah swt will put hidayah (good thought) in the recipient's heart and you will achieve more than what you wanted. Give it a try, and let me know when you meet me at the Food Pantry, hopefully sooooon.

Side SAD Note: It was noticed that along with food, 4 big packs of clothes were left in the pantry. PLEASE we are not conducting a clothes drive. We will surely ask them when we need them. But as of now, please DONATE ONLY FOOD FROM THE LIST AND NOT CLOTHES.

THE LIST:

Canned Items: Corn, Peas, Beans, Green Beans, Fruit Cocktail, Applesauce, Tuna.Baking Items: Flour, Sugar, Cooking Oil (All in 1 lbs packs), Salt, Pepper
Personal Care: Shampoo, Soap, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Deodorant, Razor, Shaving Cream, Laundry Soap, Pampers (Any Size)
Baby Items: Diapers, Baby Food
Dry Goods: Rice (5 / 10) lbs, Pasta, Peanut Butter, Macaroni & Cheese.

Food Pantry Venue: 7317 Holly Hill Drive, Dallas, TX 75231.
Timings: 10 AM - 2 PM.

~*Zahid Hussain*~

No comments:

Post a Comment